This includes disorders of skin, hair and nails. Dr Zandile Spengane offers investigation, diagnosis and treatment of several skin disorders, such as acne, psoriasis, eczema, autoimmune bullous disease, allergic contact dermatitis, pigmentation disorders, skin cancers, infections to name a few. She also offers procedures from her practice to improve the skin including; cryotherapy, diagnostic procedures (skin punch biopsy, incisions/excisional biopsy, curettage) and light cauterization.
COMMON SKIN CONDITIONS
- Acne – While teenagers are more prone to acne, anyone can struggle with acne. Acne manifests as pimples, boils, cysts and blocked pores on the face, shoulders, back and neck. Treatment of acne is multifactorial and depends on the type of acne and the patient.
- Eczema – This skin disorder is usually a result of multiple factors including genetic susceptibility, environmental allergens, immune-system dysregulation causing an itchy red rash on the face, arms, and behind the knees. This condition can be diagnosed and treated by your dermatologist.
- Psoriasis – This skin condition is also caused by multiple factors (genetics, environmental triggers and the immune system). It results in raised, dry, red, and cracked skin. While there is no cure for psoriasis, your dermatologist may help prescribe various treatments to relieve the symptoms.
- Mole and wart removal – While most moles and warts are harmless, some moles may be malignant and some warts may be more troublesome and can spread. Warts can be removed with topical treatments or cryotherapy.
- Rosacea – This condition causes redness and acne-like bumps for those with fairer skin. The symptoms are worsened by alcohol, sun exposure, exercise, and extreme heat. Contact your dermatologist for treatment of this skin condition.
- Excessive sweating (Hyperhidrosis) – Excessive sweating can affect one’s self-confidence lead to social anxiety and embarrassment and disrupt daily activities. Your dermatologist may be able to treat this condition with topical treatments or botulinum toxin injections.
If you or your family are struggling with skin lesion/s, be sure to schedule an appointment with Dr Spengane.